When you computer is low on space, you can notice an impact on performance such as the issue with emails not downloading or programs start crashing. If you computer does not have enough space it can cause the computer to crash.
Below are a few steps on how you can find out what is using up the space
- Windows 10 build in tool to view
- Click on the start menu
- Click on the cog wheel icon (this would open settings)
- Select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select the drive you wish to see detail for.
- The storage usage, broken down by data type, will be displayed.
- Run a program call SpaceSniffer
Below are a few steps on how you can free up some space:
- Run Disk cleanup on windows
- Click on the start menu and type Disk cleanup
- If you are a administrator on the computer click on Clean up System files
- Once it has finished rescanning tick all the option, please be aware that Recycle bin is in the list, we recommend checking the recycle bin before hand to make sure nothing has been accidentically deleted. Once you are happy for items in the recyle bin to be deleted, go back to the disk cleanup window and click ok and then delete files.