If you are having trouble connecting to the internet, despite being connected to your network, you may be experiencing an issue with your IP address. This can be caused if your previous IP address has expired. Usually this will renew automatically if your device is connected to the network. There are occasions where this doesn't happen. In those cases you would need to renew it manually.
This can be resolved by releasing and renewing your IP. Please follow the steps below to carry this out:
- Click 'Start' and type in 'CMD'. This will bring up the command prompt window.
- Enter 'ipconfig /release' (without quotes). It may take a little time to complete.
- Enter 'ipconfig /renew'. Once done, the DHCP server will assign a new IP to your PC.
- Click the Apple menu and choose 'System Preferences then 'Network'.
- Choose your connection from the list on the left. This will most likely be either Ethernet or Wifi.
- Click 'Advanced' then navigate to the TCP/IP tab and select 'Renew DHCP lease'.
If you need any assistance with this, please contact the Support Desk by calling 0117 933 0573 or emailing email@example.com