Windows 10 - Microphone not working on Zoom or Team meeting
Created by: Matthew Lukins
Modified on: Tue, 2 Feb, 2021 at 11:54 AM
When joining a Zoom or Teams meeting you are prompted that microphone is not detected.
- Go to windows settings
- Under test your microphone, if you talk does the blue bar appear "
- If the blue bar does not appear, in windows settings home page
- Go to Privacy
- Under App permissions select Microphone
- Does it say "Microsoft access for this device is off"
- If so click on Change
- click on the toggle to On position
- click the window behind to close the menu
- it should now show "Microsoft access for this device is on"
- If it already says it is on
- Scroll down to the section that shows Allow desktop apps to access your microphone ensure this is set to on and and Zoom Meetings shows in the list
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.