To check out a document in Onedrive:
1. Log in to portal.office.com with your 365 account and click on the OneDrive icon
2. Browse to the folder location of the document that you want to check out. Once you are at this location, click on "Return to classic OneDrive" at the bottom left hand side of the page.
3. This will return you to the classic OneDrive view which will allow you to access the ability to check out documents.
4. Click to the left of the document that you want so that a blue tick appears beside it.
5. Click on the "More" button at the top bar This will present you with a list of options in a drop down menu.
6. Select the "Advanced" option at the very bottom and then click on "Check Out".
7. When you want to check the document back in, follow the exact same process as above, but select Check In during step 6.
If you have any issues with the above, please do not hesitate to contact our support team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01179 330 570